A Visit at the Zoo

Since I am not alone with the children and the grandmother is staying with us we can do all sorts of things together that neither f us would do on their own with them, so on Monday we decided to go to the Zoo. We drove to the Stone Zoo in Stoneham, MA and of course I took my camera with me to take some pictures. So let's get started!

The first thing we saw was an Porcupine and I had no Idea what animal that was (Stachelschwein in Deutsch). My first reaction was to say that I have never seen an animal like this, turns out I have seen one that was way smaller and kind of different.


 The zoo is perfect for taking kids, because everything is paved and it is easy to push a stroller, the paths have fences (Oh such an Au pair/Mum thing to say) and there are lots of trees so it is nice and shady.


The first animal I saw and actually knew was the Lynx.



Strolling through the zoo we found Arctic Foxes and I got super excited and happy about it, but sadly they were hidden in their caves since it was too hot for them.


We also spotted an old woodcutter's hut.



The following animal is a reindeer and this is the first reindeer that I saw in real life. 






After we visited the Monkeys we stopped to get some ice cream, which turned out to be the best decision ever.


While Oma and Sophie went to see the bird's show I took Emma in her stroller and ventured off to see more animals. 






And what would an american zoo be like without a bald eagle?


It was really nice to get outside and get my mind off things that have been running through my head day and night. 
So my advice would be to get out and do things because being busy might be scary, but being alone with your own thoughts is way scarier. 

Love: Kiki


Comments